Console Update: Save Games and Version 2.2!
A major update is coming to Stellaris: Console Edition. New features are on their way that will update and improve planet management, economic options, trade routes, and more. This update is another step on our journey to keep improving Stellaris for eons to come, and we hope that you are excited for what’s in store.
This update changes a great deal of how your game will work, and unfortunately this means older saved games will not be compatible with the new version. Don’t worry, your achievements and custom empires aren’t going away, but any games in progress will be lost when this update is downloaded. Finish those journeys now, and then start telling a new story when our new update arrives! Your save files will still be visible in the load screen but they will no longer work once this update arrives. More information is available on our forums, where there are also several developer diaries that document some of the changes that are coming in this patch. Be sure to watch the forums or our Twitter and Facebook pages to find out when new developer diaries are available!
Thank you for playing Stellaris Console Edition!
Plantoids Species Pack introduces a new phenotype for players with original art and animations. As the title implies, Plantoids will give Stellaris fans access to a plant-like species that has gained sentience and begun to spread its tendrils across the galaxy, planting the roots of new civilizations on new planets.
- Fifteen new species portraits (cosmetic)
- New templates for plantoid civilian and military ships
- New cityscape art
In Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack, the galaxy will be filled anew with adventure and challenge as your new and naïve space-faring empire comes face-to-face and ship-to-ship with a host of dangers and rewards.
- GUARDIANS - Powerful space entities with mysterious origins and motives. Fight or investigate them to unlock technologies and gain access to great treasures.
- ENCLAVES - Independent outposts of traders and artists who are willing to make a deal. Exchange resources, purchase information about the galaxy, or commission a great work of art for your empire.
- WAR IN HEAVEN - Where will your fledgling empire lie if two ancient Fallen Empires decide to renew old grievances in a War in Heaven? Will you err on the side of caution and take a side with the stronger power, or will you strike at both whilst they are occupied with their own titanic struggle?
Now introducing multiplayer for the Stellaris: Console Edition! At last, players can match their strategy, management, and tactics with one another to colonize or conquer the galaxy. With the ability to start multiplayer sessions, continue sessions as a single player and even hotjoin a game already in progress, console players can finally get in on the multiplayer action!
- Play however you want - Experience a vast galaxy with up to 14 empires, and make it yours with up to 4 of your human friends.
- Save and load multiplayer games - Players can start multiplayer sessions with the option to continue in single player.
- Hotjoin a session - As an option, the multiplayer game can be joined by other players by pausing the game and allowing the host to accept or decline the request. Once accepted, the new player can choose to play as any empire already in the game.
Utopia is the first major expansion for Stellaris: Console Edition. Develop your galactic empire with unique species specialization and take your society in a variety of directions.
- MEGASTRUCTURES - Build wondrous structures in your systems and bring both prestige and major advantages to your race.
- HABITAT STATIONS - Establish space stations that will house large populations, serving the role of planets in a small and confined empire.
- ASCENSION PERKS - Unlock Ascension Perks that allow you to customize your empire in unique ways.
- INDOCTRINATION - Influence primitive civilizations through the use of observation stations, preparing them for enlightenment or annexation.
- ADVANCED SLAVERY - Maximize the benefits of slavery by choosing specific roles for enthralled species.
- ADVANCED GOVERNMENTS - Adopt unique civics and authorities for your government.